Sobakawa is a small size pillow with Australian Grown Buckwheat hull pillow covered in a comfortable quilted and unbleached calico.
Sobakawa pillow's are also known as Japanese style buckwheat hull bed pillow.
Your pillow is covered in quilted unbleached calico for added comfort, with zip closure for easy dispersing of your buckwheat if necessary.
The filling is made up of approximately 2.4 kilo's of Australian grown buckwheat hull (husks) grown in New South Wales
Measurements of this pillow are 38cm X 54cm (15 X 21) compared to a standard head pillow of 71cm X 46cm (28" X 18")
Care instructions. I have listed a few frequent question and answers below.
- Q1 Do you need to clean the hulls inside the pillow??
- No. Hulls are actually the fibrous outer covering of the buckwheat. They act as a barrier for the seed. Keep the hulls inside the casing and they will not get soiled.
- Q2 What is the best way to store my pillow
- If you need to store your pillow may I suggest putting it in a plastic bag and store in the freezer
- Q3 Can you wash the buckwheat hulls?
- NO The buckwheat hulls should not get wet
- Q4 How can I freshen the pillow?
- Simply hang the pillow in the sun for a few hours to air it out. Your pillow casing may be taken off the pillow and laundered.
- Q5 Do buckwheat pillows attract dust mites?
- Q6 NO - Buckwheat pillows actually attract far fewer dust mites than other types of pillows since the hulls are inedible. If you are storing the pillows for any length of time, you may want to place them in a freezer for a couple hours a month, or use one of those sealable storage bags
- Q7 How long do buckwheat pillows last?
- Good quality buckwheat pillows last as long as 10 years. Good quality hulls have been cleaned many times over and 99% dust free. The hulls stay whole and do not compress - it is part of their structure - and that is why the pillows last as long as they do.
- Q8 Do I need to change the hulls inside regularly?
- You do not need to change the hulls regularly. Good quality pillows have the zipper along the side of the casing that allows you to add or subtract any amount of the buckwheat hulls if you wish so you can fit the pillow to meet your supportive needs.
Not only does it help you to get a wonderful night’s rest, your pillow is a natural comfort that will last through the years.
IF YOU REQUIRE A BIGGER OR SMALLER SIZE PILLOW please send through a request
Pillow slip covers are available for purchase
POSTAGE PLEASE MESSAGE ME FOR AN ACCURATE POSTAGE QUOTE AS POSTAGE VARIES SO DRAMATICALLY. INCLUDE YOUR TOWN/SUBURN AND AREA CODE PLEASE.
I USUALLY GET BACK TO YOU WITHIN 10 minutes to an hour
Example your area could be as low as $16 but up to $35 it is worth the quick minute to contact me as the couriers are very competitive and therefore gives everybody a fair price for their area. Sometimes this will excludes Northern Territory and WA and Tasmania but not always.
I do not post to P.O.box numbers please supply a residential address thank you.
After I send through your updated invoice with your added postage amount just pay through paypal.
Your item will be sent 1 day after payment a tracking number will be sent to you
no refunds or returns on pillows and cushions due to health regulations.
If you live local to Palmwoods AND WOULD LIKE LOCAL PICKUP PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR A TIME MB 0438450481